Welcome To The Inspiration Mining HUB On AGORACOM

The company is exploring for nickel deposits on its Langmuir property near Timmins, Ontario; for nickel-gold-copper on its Cleaver and Douglas properties; and for molybdenum and rare earth elements at recently acquired Desrosiers property.

Free

Food for thought

posted on Dec 09, 2009 12:37PM

While we wait for the "big news" heres something thats a bit more interesting. Whaler posted the news about Xstrata and their doings in the Timmins area. Bad for the local economy but I don't see the met facility having anything to do with any nickel plays in the area, meaning ISM of course.

A couple of interesting points however, as I see them, are that it clearly shows that the Xstrata Montcalm nickel mine is no more. Ka-put. Where they get the nickel to replace the Montcalm ore is a good question.

The second most interesting point from the Xstrata release was the quote from the Xstrata CEO, Mick Davis, where he said that his company plans to "boost overall production volumes by 50% by 2013"! It ain't coming from Goro folks.

"Takeovers that delivered value were becoming increasingly difficult to find, so shareholders should "not hold their breath" waiting for more big takeovers".

Okay no deal with Anglo. How about a "small" takeover in your backyard? I have one suggestion that may INSPIRE Xtstrata.

New Message
Please login to post a reply