Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

Hi GC. Presently, I'm staying away. A few weeks ago -- before this most recent head-fake -- I said I'd consider buying around seventy-eight cents. Sadly, that remains an option.

Life pummels with irony. I held so loyally to gold juniors for so long. Now I'm making money in BAC, TBT and LGF, even DRYS for Pete's sake. The only cringe-fest in my portfolio is KBX, a huge honking miscalculation on my part last summer.

Around the house, I say "Kimber" the same way Seinfeld says "Newman."

Hello KIM-ber.

This latest swoon has come on low (and as you noted, erratic) volume. I had found solace in that. But volume has been steadying around 70 K, and today it nearly reached 100 K.

More portentously, KBX has under-performed even the GDXJ on a one, three, and six month chart. I cannot find a more forgiving metric. San Gold, perhaps?

But Dr. Carp, I am frankly more worried about gold in the short-term. If the present bull market continues, gold at 1650 is going to start looking silly, an anachronism dating way back to, oh, I don't know, six months ago, or what traders consider the Jurassic Age.

My most recent hope (may it rest in peace) was that the pure animal instinct of this present market might lift (or at least sustain) Kimber even if gold could no longer squat, deadlift, and bench on the company's behalf. But now KBX falters with gold, even as its big brother TRX (as related by Internet personality blood-lines) catches equity's wind.

(One paragraph, five metaphors.)

So GC, should gold falter still more (and gold's technicals are "ominous" to quote one chartist), we ask what is left to support KBX? Again, I speak in the near-term.

Of this much I am certain: your KBX will be even before mine.

New Message
Please login to post a reply