Free
Message: The Video about using Agoracom.com and a message to all new members here

Cal brought up a complaint that may apply to everyone.  The Video on the Home Page for Agoracom.com doesn't work... so don't be discouraged.  I think that is a project they intend to put in place at some point.  You don't need it to use this message board. 

The page titled: "Help Center" gives you a little bit of information (https://agoracom.com/help-center), but the easiest thing to do is to just go to the home page and Sign In after you have gone through the membership process where you verify that you have read and will abide by their 6 really simple Rules.  You can designate that you want to remain "Signed In" and that makes the process even simpler the next time you come on board.  I think that maybe verifying that you will abide by the 6 Rules may be throwing some off because it is an extra step... but you only do it one time.

Now for Cal's second concern.  He wants to be sure he goes directly to the Public Forum ( the "Discussion" ) instead of to a Private Message.  All you have to do is put "Lithium Americas" in the Search window up at the top of the page and on the Right and it will take you directly to the "Discussion" page, the Public Forum.  In fact, you have to actually go to a specific message in order to designate that you want to use the Private Message process so your initial message does not go through a Private Message.  You don't have to use the Private Message capability at all, unless you want to do so. 

I know that any "New" message board has its own quirks to get used to, just like when you initially signed up for Yahoo Finance LAC board... but if you will stay with us here for just a few posts back and forth you will see rapidly how easy this board is to use and no one person dominates this board, not me... not you.  We share the board and work together. 

I am truly excited that some of you have taken the time to investigate this possibility and I think the fact that you  have come over once for a peek proves that you want to get away from the acrimony and name calling and destructive behavior you now see daily over at Yahoo.... mine included over there.  I fully admit I stepped over the line myself.  My intent was to shame the shamers... so to speak.  Well, it didn't work.  They have taken over that board.  I could not make the same type of posts here that I did over there and I won't.  I am truly offering you a better way here at Agoracom.com and my hope is you will see that I am speaking the truth.  

OK, posts like this one should go in the "Off Topic Message" portion and if you look at the top right hand page when you are posting a message you will see that there is a place where you can designate "Off Topic Message".  I have been using the main "Discussion" forum because you all are new to Agoracom.com... but in the futre I will just make a short post on the "Discussion" page and direct my general comments about procedures to the "Off Topic Message" portion so as not to clutter up the "Discussion" page.   I am so glad you are all here... please stay!  Bill

New Message
Please login to post a reply