Free

Jul 28, 2021 01:14PM
Jul 28, 2021 01:25PM

Jul 28, 2021 01:43PM
Jul 28, 2021 01:54PM

Cal
Jul 28, 2021 02:00PM

Jul 28, 2021 03:51PM

Cal:  "Bodysurfer,  It maybe interesting concept but since this article have not much to do with LAC then it would be better to discus it in Off topic Forum."

Hey, Cal, I am going to very respectfully disagree with you on that one.  I think that it is most obvious that the future of any lithium mine, in the US or elsewhere, is fundamentally at the mercy of the future of lithium in the automotive sector, specifically the EV automotive sector.  While there are many other commercial applications of lithium I don't believe there is much of an argument that the most important sector of lithium useage at the present juncture in time is, and will remain to be, the EV automotive sector.

If lithium should be replaed by any of the multiple Metal-Air Batteries as applied to the EV sector then what would be the point in investing in lithium mining for the average retail investor?  Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that replacement is going to happen anytime soon, but ultimately and over time it has to be given serious consideration.  I believe that Lithium Ion batteries as applied to the EV sector have at least another 10 years, simply because replacement of Lithium Ion as a battery source is not possible overnight and because within the topic of Metal-Air Batteries there is one important sub division that has the possibility of keeping lithium in the forefront for EV batteries in the future:  Lithium-Air Batteries... and the research continues to develop in that area as well.

JMO, but I believe this is a topic very pertinent to the Discussion Forum here on the Lithium Americas Agoracom Hub, however if the majority of members view it otherwise then, of course, it should be moved to the Off Topic Forum.

Respectfully, Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply