Free

After reading the repetitious statements by Max Wilbert, it would be easy to say that he is a Luddite:

“We simply don't believe that it is right to destroy this land for what amounts to a luxury good, because most people on the planet don't have cars today,” said project opponent Max Wilbert, who set up a protest camp at the site of the mine. “And we don't need cars to survive.

To listen to Olde max, one would surmise that we don't need cars, delivery trucks, trains, busses, planes, flashlights, cordless tools and assorted other modern technologies. Did he get to the mine site inside of an Amish Taxi? Does he really believe that replacing fossil fuel burning vehicles and power plants is a "luxury good"?  Does he use a computer or watch TV? From all available information, it seems that LAC and the regulators have a good grasp on what would be required to operate and reclaim a lithium mine. It would seem that the "tribes" or other stakeholders would be better off cooperating and requesting reasonable mitigation, rather than fighting the mine. Of course, that is just one person's viewpoint.  I am optimistic.... Go LAC..!

Sep 01, 2021 12:56AM
Sep 01, 2021 03:08AM
Cal
Sep 01, 2021 10:20AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply