Free
Message: Apple’s talks with Chinese battery makers mostly stalled

"CATL and BYD use a type of battery pack technology to improve the performance of LFP batteries. Without that, LFP batteries usually offer much shorter driving ranges and lower energy density than the more expensive lithium batteries that use cobalt and nickel."

OK, the above quote is not the focus of the article I found about Apple's problems with Chinese battery manufacturers.  In fact, it was the last paragraph in the article.  I can't help but believe that anything that makes LFP batteries better and more competitive will also help increase the overall demand for EVs, since that technology addresses squarely the issue of battery safety.  The limitations of the LFP battery technology in the past have made it less desireable, however, in the realm of driver's concern about range anxiety. 

I think that however China has learned to improve LFP battery technology might be a redirection for the future of lithium batteries.... might.  Anyway, it will be interesting to watch just as all of the efforts will be concerning lithium ion battery development as that development affects lithium demand. 

Some of you will be more interested in the article because it outlines a problem for Apple and possibly redirects Apple's supply line source to Japan vs China.

OK, here is the link to the article from Mining.com:

https://www.mining.com/web/apples-talks-with-chinese-battery-makers-mostly-stalled/

New Message
Please login to post a reply