Free
Message: Re: CNBC Fast Money. Elon Musk teases Tesla's entry into lithium mining. LAC is talked about the most (: L 2

"...What can be a joker, is if Tesla can come up with self-driving cars before everyone else..."

So called "self-driving" is likely the biggest threat Tesla faces. Practically all its cars were sold as "self-driving ready" and the functionality is nowhere to be seen. As first cars are entering its expiration, I am quite surprised, that nobody has taken yet a "class action" against Tesla in this matter.

"...Ford has a PE of 8, cash of 36 billion. and a debt of 139bn..."

People keep forgetting, that Ford has its own finance division, which is effectively a bank providing financing for the fleet. So there is indeed a debt, but quite secured. And how much of that figure is the deficit of the pension plan and other "core" debt, I have no idea. However in order to compare Ford with my bellowed Tesla, one has to exclude the car financing business from that figure. Which is a job slightly above my paygrade. There are some articles on Seeking Alpha dealing with that if you want to make a follow up...

New Message
Please login to post a reply