Free

Words of advice about generators 

Most of your modern generators use a inverter to make the electricity computer / circuit board safe ( i made that mistake and knocked out the circuit board in my pellet stove i was using a cheap generator at that time)

Since my mistake with a cheap generator i purchased 2 honda  2000 watt generators very light weight easy to move around very low noise when running ( i never used them but have been around others. in use ) my neighbor had used hers for a couple of years and learned a expensive lesson of using ethanol gas in it  . DUE NOT USE ETHANOL gas in anything but your auto . You may have to Google locations in your area to find non ethanol gas . Shelf life of gas is about 3 months so for me the left over gas got dumped in the truck .

Something to think about if you use natural gas as your fuel source under certain circumstances not only do you lose electricity but also natural gas to your community ( i was lucky living in a high earthquake zone i never experienced the bad one ) 

I have gone through a week long power outage ( twice) even with a generator it's no fun not having cable tv no internet connection no hot water for baths i did use my back packing stove for coffee . I laughed at myself every time i went into a different room out of habit i would flip the light switch then walk back and get the light

My local internet provider is having equipment problems which has left me with no portal to the outside world that means no internet no tv no phone only radio . I am thankful for the utilities that i have to make me comfortable in my home

New Message
Please login to post a reply