Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Swing, OPC, and Babriley:

Thanks for your thoughts and input. All points well taken. I would like to refer you to two items...both to lenghty to write out here. The first is www.dailyfinance.com/2012/02/29/The-Europeans-will-approve-anything, and the second in the Congressional record of the 112 Congress p:H3584...Honoring the achievements of Dr. Al Mann, and a letter Mann wrote noting the frustration of getting something through the FDA. Both are worth reading.

I do admit however, that Mannkind has come too far in the current environment to change course and I agree of course that costs are all important factors. Let me use a hypothetical: If for some reason. political or otherwise, AFREZZA is denied a third time, and approval was forthcoming in Europe and Asia...would the Danbury plant be able to ship 2,000,000 units to overseas markets and deny the American market? Would a large pharma be able replicate the Danbury plant in Europe in less time than it would take for MNKD to perform additional trials thought up by the wizards at the FDA? We live in a time of 'global' thinking. I keep comng back to my original point that the company should have sought EMA approval after the second CRL. We have to realize the US is no longer the center of the medical universe.

Orlon

New Message
Please login to post a reply