Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Mannkind (MNKD)

An up-and-coming biopharma that engages in the development of treatments for diabetes and cancer, one specific treatment has the potential to revolutionize the Type 1 & 2 Diabetes patients lifestyles. AFREZZA, the company's leading candidate, is a rapid-acting mealtime insulin therapy in late stage clinical investigation for the treatment of adult patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus for the control of hyperglycemia. So far it has shown:

• A significant reduction in post-meal glucose fluctuations

• The ability to achieve comparable levels of overall glucose control

• Lower fasting glucose levels

• A lower risk of hypoglycemia

• Less weight gain than is typically associated with other insulin treatments

Why I'm excited

Many of the patients I see are currently being treated for diabetes, and this number is expanding every day. In fact, diabetes is one of the fastest growing diseases in the world, and is extremely prevalent everywhere you look. Combine this magnitude with the limited number of treatments options currently available, and again you have a niche market primed for a breakthrough discovery.

I'm not just excited for Afrezza, but I am really praying it succeeds just for the quality of life improvement that many diabetics will have, including children who are dealing with needle sticks daily. I have high hopes, supported by the significant amount of insider investment, including the CEO Mr. Mann buying $103 million in shares in December 2012 alone. The more a company is invested in itself, the more confident I feel about their drug making it through approval.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1321271-3-biopharmas-with-significant-potential?source=yahoo

New Message
Please login to post a reply