Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

I also receive a few notices each year about joining in on class action lawsuits and they also go in the garbage. This one didn't because I have invested a substantial sum. I don't feel like a victim, but the amount paid out will not change if I decline to participate. That being said, I also faced a situation recently that is somewhat similiar. My daughter who is a junior in college called and said many of her friends are on foodstamps and public assistance. She asked what I thought about her quitting her part time job since the welfare benefits would be greater than her pay. Her values told her that it was wrong, but she called me to see if I would encourage her to join the crowd or keep her dignity. I reinforced in her that just because everyone else does it it does not make it right. Her not taking welfare will not impact the US budget or the amount of welfare handed out, but I encouraged her to make up her own mind and do the right thing. She decided to keep her job. Am I a hypocrite for participating in the lawsuit and advising her not to join the crowd. Maybe. We are living in a screwed up world and it is not getting any easier to make these decisions.

New Message
Please login to post a reply