Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

"Trying to Avoid Blood in the Streets "

posted on Mar 16, 2008 05:07PM

That was the heading posted on VRtrader, Mark Leibovit. It doesn't read well and as I speak the Dow futures are down 200 points, but with the efforts of the PPT they are likey to improve as they (Fed and Treasury) will do all they can to pull all the stops to prevent a meltdown.

Just a couple of comments worth reading:

"Fear both real and imagine hangs heavy over Wall Street this coming week, but, remember, Henry Paulson at the US Treasury and defacto head of President Reagan's 'Plunge Protection Team' along with Ben 'Helicopter' Bernanke are working day and night to keep the cogs and wheels of Wall Street moving along. And, remember, they do have the POWER of the US Treasury to support, defend and rally the US equity markets, so long as they control the printing presses.

I like taking a contrarian view. Obviously, the mainstream view today is that the entire financial market is at risk. I believe that the financial market is always at risk, with the crooks in Washington, inflationists at the Fed, and manipulators at the PPT. But the chance of meltdown any particular day is low. Chances are that the Bear Stearns collapse will be contained and it will be a mere blip in the long run. In fact, I would still be more worried about sub-prime and muni bond defaults than a Bear Stearns crisis. If Bear Stearns goes under, Goldman Sachs or, more likely, JP Morgan, will simply pick up what remains and the game will continue. All that said, obviously stocks should be worth less now than before the Bear crisis. But the death of the financial market has been greatly exaggerated, again. "

And one other additional comment worth reading specific to the VIX that you may find interesting:

"The VIX has spiked above 30 and is currently at 31.22. A close at this level would be the highest since March 12, 2003. The last two times the VIX closed over 30, Nov 12, 2007 and Jan 22, 2008, the markets hit a bottom the very same day. Most likely, the market will bottom right here. But there is a chance that the market will crash and the VIX will rocket above 40. "

I wonder we will see unfold: a bottoming formation or a further correction to the downside?

New Message
Please login to post a reply