Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Follow ups

posted on Sep 15, 2007 11:43AM

If ARM enjoined themselves because of an Indemnity clause as we believed, I can see no reason why they would want to or be allowed by the J-3 to leave unless infringement, by ARM, of the 148 and 336 in these J-3 products was never in question. Seems to me that it is the further development by NEC, Toshiba and Panasonic that has infringed.

What we did have ARM on, in connection to the J-3 product, was the 584.  What we didn't get in the Markman was a claim interpretation of "instruction groups" that TPL and our lawyers could use to win a 584 patent infringement trial. TPL can try to spin this as a win but it looks to me like a big loss. The patent and any future value now rests in the appeal. I seem to remember Brian pointing this patent out as having great potential back when most of the talk focused on the 336. Fingers are crossed awaiting outcome.

The Incite post by Deb was good but my thoughts were that the StrongArm is no longer produced and seemed to deadend quickly with Intel picking up the IP in 1997. Looking further tho it seems the Strong Arm came partly from the ARM 7 with Armv4 architecture, which is still produced and used by Nintendo and our friends at Lego . So I certainly haven't given up hope that ARM has product that infringes 148 and 336, just doesn't seem to with the J-3  product. All imo anyway. Will check in later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_NXT

New Message
Please login to post a reply