Welcome to the Northern Uranium Corp HUB

Targeting High Grade Uranium on the Athabasca Trend

Free

In doing my due diligence re the Zealand Be deposit I found that according to a published report (assessment report 473350, 1987, available on line from the provincial government) the deposit has 315,000 tonnes grading 0.1% BeO (2.2 lbs/tonne). At the time (1987) 0.4% was considered to be ore grade.

Price in 2004 was $375/lb for Be powder, with BeO (beryl) to  be about 25% of this figure, say $94/lb. The deposit is flatlying, at surface and 30 metres thick and hence cheaply open pittable. Presumably Be prices have increased since 2004.

As an open pit $94/lb would appear to be profitable to mine these days, although demand maybe limited.

Regarding the news release - the option agreement is with Lyman Lawrence who only has 4 claims. There are 12 claims surrounding Mr. Lawrence registered in the name of D.V. Venugopal. Is Mr. Venugopal an employee of UNO, if not has UNO optioned his claims - he would appear to have the lion's share of the good ground here?

UNO reports that they have 16 additional claims surrounding these. By my count on the claim map UNO actually has 52 claims - can't anyone in this company count?

NetTrader - you seem to be an insider with UNO - can you answer the above questions?

New Message
Please login to post a reply