Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The last time the company changed its name, its inabilty or unwillingness to provide the proper documentation to the US clearing houses and/or regulators - rendered the shares held in US brokerages untrade-able for about two months. This occured after a big run-up in the stock (POET having its breakout) and many people were holding relatively cheap shares. During that 2 month period, the stock went from the .70s to the .40s - blowing through many shareholders mental or written stops and unable to sell. I see a potential similar situation setting up here (lots of cheap options, a flurry of news releases, a ramp-up of bb hype,etc. all around an upcoming name change).

Since it has been stated that management can request a trading halt, I would hope that management will not allow the stock be traded until ALL the shareholders are protected (and not just a chosen few). Furthermore, since many on the SH bullboard were suspicious of blatant stock manipulation (the stock being walked down in 500 share increments) -which would be easier to do with all the US held shares off the market - I think it might be wise to alert the IROC and the SEC prospectively - given the company's history with the last name change and the harm it inflicted(unintentional or not) on US investors. I am not suggesting the company was in any way collaborating with anyone - but they did set up a situation which could easily be exploited by others.

New Message
Please login to post a reply