Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Andy7: In what scenario do you see POET being zero? I'm assuming you mean .46 is the best it will ever be, or that the company would somehow not survive entirely and go bankrupt?

(I think I know one of them, and I don't even want to say it...but I do wonder if the entire POET technical team is being told not to do any air-travel together)

The one factor that userps all the thoughtful, well researched (and much appreciated) logic that Rob puts into his projections, is the animal known as hype, and human greed. We saw the volume rise last week based on (I'm assuming) the imminent MS6 announcement. (So people-insiders knew something was about to happen, and trading, albeit not spectacular, resulted) The greed factor will occur IF: two (or more) big companies come to the conclusion that NOT having POET would be a competitive disadvantage, AND/OR a rumoured interest from a large company (or two) hits the streets, and buyers buy the "next big thing" hype. It takes just one article in the Wall Street Journal...a proper in depth article, to make that happen. (There have been many examples before...and I held a stock once that I bailed out of at 99 cents, from 69 cents, that ran to 17 dollars in 2 weeks based on one announcement, that quite frankly, should not have propelled the stock to those levels). Ironically, it was a Solar Company, that has since pulled back below the 69 cent mark.

What I like about this stock, is that there appears to be an end game here. It's either a buyout, or a JV. That makes it easier to hold for me.

New Message
Please login to post a reply