Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Here's CIBC's reply to me:

Thank you for your inquiry.

OPEL Technologies changed its name to POET Technologies Inc. and is trading today on the TSXV under the new symbol PTK.

Corporate reorganizations such as name changes may take time to be reflected in your account. CIBC Investor's Edge will automatically update clients' positions once the company's transfer agent has completed their processing. The timeline for some events may be up to two weeks.

In the meantime, while your account will not reflect the new name, you may call our Contact Centre to place an order with one of our Investment Representatives. Quotes for PTK will also be available on the My Quote Lists screen.

We appreciate your business, and I hope the above information will assist you. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this mailbox or call blah blah blah.

And to answer your earlier question RvH: Yes I agree with G&M's assessment of CIBC as a discount brokerage. Obviously I don't have the experience with other borkerages, but I'm not surprised they are ranked as low as they are. I've had positive interactions when transacting using the phone - they know what they are talking about - but the web interface is seriously lacking.

New Message
Please login to post a reply