Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

IMO, too much of the discussion today is based on the SP "telling us" what the market is thinking. The whole idea is ridiculous. I've got a deck of tarot cards, a cup of tea leaves and a dream interpretation book if that interests anyone. I think we've seen some good info shared by fairchij and Aves from chris chu which provides some granularity regarding the recent news release (more on that later). But we are also falling into the same trap of false assumptions regarding what the SP "means".

To be honest I thought we would settle in the mid 50s at least after last week's NR. But can someone explain how it's possible to look at the last NR and decide that it's bad news after all? Oh yeah, because the SP said so. Really?!

The SP doesn't mean anything. It isn't always right. If we're having a discussion about SP and how much it sucks that's fine. But let's not let that discussion enter into what value the company has added to POET and their progress on the milestones. Don't cross the streams!

We know what we have and what it means, but certain things have to happen before we can profit from it. Need I remind the longs that our biggest problem this time last year was that we literally knew nothing about what the company was doing on the POET side? Now we are getting regular progress reports and we are complaining all the same?! Personally I'd like to keep getting NRs like the one we got last Friday.

</end rant>

About the PDA and 100nm activities. In a sense it's not surprising that they are seen by the company as separate activities. Engagement on these fronts will proceed with seperate personnel. I'm glad we have clarity about this, but I didn't read anything from Chris's responses that suggests that the PDA will have to wait for the 100nm announcement. That is an assumption/suggestion that originated on this board, and we really don't know for certain that we'll hit the 100nm MS without a partner.

From the NR:

"The multi-pronged approach is based on discussions with potential industry partners and advisers regarding the Company’s two key markets consisting of the military and commercial sector that have been identified as potential early adopters of the POET platform."

Remember the short list of potential partners that POET wanted to have before locking in? Maybe we have such a list now. Also, the plurality of markets suggests that there is more than one interested party. This could be why the optical MS couldn't be simply set aside to accommodate a shift into the 100nm shrink (or both can be done simultaneously).

New Message
Please login to post a reply