Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I don't understand why volume has had almost no effect on price. We move up and down a few pennies week in and week out, but at vastly different volumes. It's like the same day a large volume of buyers show up we have an equal number of sellers available (and/or vice versa). Other days we have very little volume of buyers/sellers and the price remains in stasis. Just seems too much of a coincidence.

Regarding accumulation, I have to admit that I don't really understand how it works. Say POET is able to inspire someone to buy a good number of shares, how do they "inspire" someone to sell the same number? Wouldn't they want to keep their shares too?

I thought the point of expanding the shareholder base and refusing further PPs was to increase the SP. When there are more buyers than sellers and a limited supply of shares, demand drives a price increase. That's why I can't see POET at the centre of this. Yet I can't explain why the SP stays frozen in place with orders of magnitude differences in volume from one day to the next.

My only theory (without any supporting evidence) is that there are really no human beings in the equation at all. It's all HFT algorithms either showing up, or not. If there is any truth to this than our belief that the market is reacting to news one way or the other is bogus.

I'd appreciate insight from anyone with an understanding of the finer details of how this works. I realize that my market inexperience is showing, but I figure i should at least learn something as we endure this lull.

New Message
Please login to post a reply