Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

This board was an interesting read today. Apparently folks went out and bought a new car after the close last night and now feel a bit put out:)

A few things to consider (keep in mind I just sat down to read some posts so I might be treading on well trodden ground...)

• We closed today at a price that is above every other close since Aug 2011. (Yes, it was lower than yesterday's close, but I defy anyone to justify that rise based on company activities)
  • The company now has $5M to keep them going. No worries about running out of cash
  • We still have MS5&7 to look forward to

Granted I was as surprised anyone about the PP, but it's non-brokered and it might assist with any of the following:

• A deal struck with UConn
  • An new US investor
  • A PDA partner TBA shortly
  • New additions to the POET team (the announced restructuring a while back)
  • A NASDAQ listing

The Negative:

• Dilution and the "broken promise"
  • A Piney board member (we get to vote on this remember)
  • possibly waiting for our MS

I can live with the negatives.

With respect to the trolls who were so vocal today, I kind of feel sorry for them. When the normal people rejoice after POET begins to make money and the SP rises accordingly, these guys will be brooding over their calculators figuring out all the money they could have had if POET didn't have to pay a royalty, and if they didn't do another PP. They're not happy unless they are unhappy.

If you think I'm being unreasonable, just pick one of them and look at their post history. On Jan 28 they posted in response to the 20-F focussing primarily on the UConn agreement. That small detail, next to the near encyclopedic volume of positive information was a pinprick. What about yesterday after the 12% increase you ask? Nothing. Really some of these guys didn't make one post. Clearly they have nothing to say when they aren't complaining. On then of course there's today...some of them filled this board with literally a page and a half of repetitive statements that frankly were way past the line.

Anyway, enough ranting. Let's watch as we claw our way back to new highs. If management was correct about the milestones we will get news on MS5 either tomorrow or Monday.

New Message
Please login to post a reply