Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: IBM announcement. Pretty huge! 3 years out from Commercial? What say you?

It just occured to me. Maybe they are using POET as the foundation for this TrueNorth Proc??

I am still digging. and clicked on this one.

IBM will spend 3 billion on RnD over the next 5 years. July 9, 2014

http://www.cnet.com/news/ibm-spends-3-billion-to-push-the-far-future-of-computer-chips/

Galium Arsinide is sited as one of the meterials.

The second goal is to choose among a range of more radical departures from today's silicon chip technology -- a monumental engineering challenge necessary to sustain progress in the computing industry. Among the options are carbon nanotubes and graphene; silicon photonics; quantum computing; brainlike architectures; and silicon substitutes that could run faster even if components aren't smaller.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to try and pry some information out of POET at the AGM regarding weather or not they have been in talks with IBM? or at the very least if IBM is aware of POET?

New Message
Please login to post a reply