Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

This Forum is so perceptive and informative. Lots of the parts I will refer to have been mentioned in previous posts. I am surrounded by smart folks and I love it. As I stated in one of my rare posts, these are exciting times for POET. Strategic parts are being put together. Great news of our new partner, Synopsys. They can develope the PET/PDK outline, but with their TCAD capabilitys can design customer specific IC's that will be marketable too. Once the design is approvedvalidated, our foundry can start right in making them.

IMO, Global Foundries has the inside track, based upon Ajits's relationship with them. Global Foundries are building the World's most advanced Foundry in New York. I doubt the facility is meant to spend another 10 billion dollars overcoming Silicon's weaknesses.

I think Dr. Manocha is setting the stage for his Keynote Speech at Techcom He will have the eyes and ears of the top decision makers in the industry, and the plan for FAB 2.0 The plan the industry desparately needs. There must be a lot of suspense surrounding POET now and Fab 2.0 seems to fit right in with POET. Like a glove.

Maybe a different plan entirely but if Global Foundries (or other) was signed on and announced, even on a contingent basis, it seems is would organically drive the SP into the NASDEQ range and cause a big stir at the conference.

We have to let Apple in on this too. It's just what they need to re-energize their company and customer base with cutting edge innovation.

Dr. Manocha refers to POET as being disruptive. McKinsey Global Institute has some interesting information of just what that means. It includes the transormation of life, business, and the global economy. We are watching and actually participating in historical events. Anyway GLTA. Also, Thanks Fairchij for keeping us together, and all the wonderful contributors.

http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/disruptive_technologies

New Message
Please login to post a reply