Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 02, 2014 02:15PM
Oct 02, 2014 03:08PM
Oct 02, 2014 03:11PM

Hi Oogee.

I fully agree with your post.

Everyone on this board needs to understand the difficult mechanics of Blackouts.

It is extremely likely that PC lifted the Blackout, most likely, only for a very short period, possibly as short as 1 day allowing those who want to take some hard earned money off the table.

I am actually surprised that there appears to have been only one seller, the good Doctor. And we should all support the Doctor in his decision for he has earned every single cent and he should be able to enjoy the fruits of his labour. Remember also that Geof isn't getting any younger and he can't take his wealth to heaven !! And he still owns circa 4M shares and options ...... he stands to become a very, very wealthy man so to take some money now and enjoy it, is to be expected.

It is also very likely that we are entering a prolonged period where the Blackout will be reinstated and stay in effect for many months, possibly the remainder of 2014 and most of 2015. I say this because the company has been vocal in stating there are numerous discussions, developments, negotiations etc on-going under NDA's. Many of these will be in parallel and overlap from a timeline perspective.

Add to that, the NASDAQ initiative.

The company absolutely must lock down any Insider Selling during such periods.

So the Blackout curtain was lifted briefly and will come back down again.

There was a small knee-jerk reaction and now we move on.

Also consider it was a great opportunity for those short on POET to cover their bets and consequently we may see a decline in the short position.

The Future

This is what matters most.

I remain very excited about this investment and look forward to the first of many NRE deals and the main PDA announcements.

The first product related NRE deal could be anyone's guess.

But for fun, my favorite for the main PDA will be POET, Synopsys and GF.

I remain confident from discussions at the AGM that we will see those types of announcements starting before Christmas and continuing through 2015.

Then and only then will the real fun start.

And then the NASDAQ .... where the multi-billion $ tech funds reside who would buy in to POET for the long haul ..... and that means reduced trading float. That means reduced supply, which usually means in times of demand the stock soars.

If Peter / Ajit and the team can deliver an uplisting to the NASDAQ with a deal in hand, we will witness a spectacular impact on our investment.

Until then, enjoy life, ignore the trading games and keep the faith.

ST

Oct 02, 2014 03:53PM
Oct 02, 2014 04:34PM
Oct 02, 2014 09:43PM
Oct 02, 2014 10:03PM
Oct 02, 2014 10:52PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply