Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

You can't believe every single thing that Peter said in that presentation because the whole purpose of the presentations was to entice investors to put their money into POET and this is called a sale pitch. How often has a sales guy told you the 100% truth about their product or service they are offering? Peter is a markets guy, and basically a very good salesman. Thats not a bad thing, but with POET it will hopefully sell itself in time. Nonetheless, I believe in most of what he stated in the presentation will come to fruition but not exactly how he laid it out in the presentation because he had to make it enticing as possible. Does the January investor presentation that you went to a few years back ring any bells?

People keep posting quotes from the meeting like they are from the bible. Peter also said he got in at 17 cents. The stock price was never 17 cents during Peter's time, and it had an intraday low of 19.5 at its lowest point. When he joined the stock was 23 cents. Not a big deal, but just saying. He also said he has 4 million shares which is a bit misleading to the investors in that room since the majority of those (like 3.9 million) are options and thats not the same thing. Examples of the truth being stretched a bit, which is totally expected during a sales pitch. No fault there, and easy for us to point these out as we have DDed this company to death. I'm a bit surprised no one has pointed out these little inconsistencies before but I guess they aren't a big deal.

The share price and volume today is telling you that despite these presentations, investors will believe it when they see it. Until then people will be worried about a reverse split until there is 100% certainty it is no longer necessary. I am definitely concerned because I've never seen a proposed reverse split in all my years investing not go through, though I believe this is different (now thats a positive statement). I agree it is highly unlikely but lets not take Peter's word as gospel please because we can point out many examples of things he has said in interviews and such that haven't exactly gone as planned.

All the best team POET.

New Message
Please login to post a reply