Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

First off, I think this is great news!

I see lots of connections being made with successful companies already contributing to the supply of products we use every day. First it was poaching executives from successful companies, and now Anadigics will become a POET-capable foundry.Anadigics may not be a household name, but that's because their name is not emblazoned on the outside of the black-box consumers are using. Most people with Anadigics components have no idea they even have them. People working on their Galaxy Note 4 over their Buffalo router use them a lot.

While it's a bit sad to see a company like Anadigics already in business at 30 cents with 88M shares out. But with very little innovation going on in the kinds of components Anadigics makes, it's no surprise. Razor thin margins require a very lean business model for sure.

It's funny how complacent we as POET investors have become about our growing reputation! It wasn't long ago that we were so concerned that BAE was the only company that knew who we were. And even then, we wondered if they were simply stuck with us because of the SBIRs, the way an older brother might be forced to let a younger sibling tag along when playing street hockey (are we going to be the goalie, and have pucks shot at us?!).

I hope I'm adding a different perspective here (I haven't read all the posts today), but I'm fairly certain that this arrangement between Anadigics and POET has been in the works for a while now. FJ mentioned that folks following the POET saga have had their eye on Anadigics for some time. The fact that we appear to be closing on an agreement that was talked about since last year makes me think that all the work PC did last year is about to take form.

It's true that at this time, this is an agreement to use Anadigics facilities for their capacity to produce VCSELs in large volume on 6" wafers. This could very well grow to be something much more as FJ suggested (we *could* buy all Anadigics shares and their wafer capacity for under $30M cash if we scored a deal with these VCSELs).

Add to all this, the statements made by PC as he stepped out of the CEO role - that Suresh and Subash will take POET in directions never before considered. This development is only the beginning and indeed one of what I think will be many such announcements as more foundries become POET capable and as S&S continue to execute on their vision.

New Message
Please login to post a reply