Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I find myself agreeing with those posters who have warned against getting our hopes up prior to the promised Sep 30 NR. We could very well get news in advance of the NR but we have not been promised such. Therefore it is prudent to scale back our expectations. We have been promised "an update on the Company's operational roadmap," and that's it. If we get more it's a bonus.

We've been in this position so many times. We infer too much after spit-balling our best guesses about possible connections based on what we read here. It then morphs into a foregone conclusion that there will be an announcement of seismic proportions that will register on the Richter scale. We might get one, but we might not.

For example, one aspect of the CC NR that gives me pause is the request to submit questions in advance. If we were truly going to get the NR we've been dreaming of - the one that changes POET from an R&D company to a revenue generating IP/product peddler - then our questions based on our current business model will most likely be inapplicable or irrelevant, would they not? Perhaps we will hear something exciting soon that will give the correct shape to our questions. But if we haven't heard anything new and exciting within a few days of the CC, we may have to accept that it's a conference call to outline S&S's plan to monetize POET. Personally I can't wait to hear what they have planned, and I'm mentally prepared to take the CC at face value.

I'm not trying to douse our board with cold water. I'm more optimistic about POET than I have ever been. I just worry that unfair attacks on management will resume when people find their "expectations" are not met.Also, this CC represents an elevated level of communication between POET and the shareholders.I would prefer that it doesn’t backfire to ensure it will continue.

Anyway, I’m sorry for the down post.Still hoping I’m being overcautious....

New Message
Please login to post a reply