Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

If you want a management team you can trust to tell shareholders the truth, and to continue to do so on a more frequent basis I think we have just that.

The cost to us is that we are not free to make up scenarios that will blow the lid off the stock in the interim. They were very clear about their intentions, their plans and the timeline. Personally I would much rather have management give me the straight dope, rather than to paint an incomplete, misleading picture that I will later resent.I am very happy with how our management presented the information and I look forward to watching them execute their plan.

In short, I trust them.

I think where POET has failed us in the past is in meeting projected milestones. This will make some of the more exhausted shareholders fear another similar set of disappointments beginning a couple of quarters from now. Personally, I do not share that view. I think POET will continue to deliver ahead of schedule - as in the case of their move to San Jose and their transition of the POET technology to Anadigics.

I think their plan is absolutely the right one. They acknowledged the breadth of POET, but they highlighted the need to enter the market with something that will solve an immediate "pain point". This will not only bring revenue, but it will give us the validation we need to enter the other markets via licensing or further product development.

Think about it. We will have a product *we* will sell and reap all of the profit, beginning in Q2. I know that some of us have been here for 5+ years now, and it feels to some like kicking the can further down the road. But OPEL, and early POET, never dreamed this big. It was never in the cards to have a dedicated fab and products with our name on the box. I think this will come to pass in 2016. This will really maximize shareholder value - fulfilling the promise made back when we were at 20 cents.

New Message
Please login to post a reply