Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The $90 for 10 Gbps selling price and $10 POET cost came from a very good source. It is up to you if you choose to trust me.

The 5X cost is my own wild guess, but building 3 chips and assembling them together would likely need to be in this range or more, in my opinion. I used this number for demonstration purposes.

IF one were to assemble a unit with multiple 10Gbps interconnects and the benefits are compounded...I see lot of talk on the interweb regarding the banding, multiplexing of interconnects which, in POET's case allow for very cost effective transfer of larger amounts of data...with a fraction of the energy profile.

My personal assessment is 25 Gbps could be ready at or close to when 10 Gbps is, depends on the timing of Geoff's final scaling work he was mentioning on the call.

.... it appears POET will build a full suit of options for server interconnects and literally turn the catagory economics, energy needs, on it's ear.

New Message
Please login to post a reply