Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Rainer: And even if this company had nothing but its VCSEL transceiver technology – which is not the case, as we know –, it could still be highly profitable, because its transceiver is so much better and so much cheaper than the competition's.

I agree. I think this is the low hanging fruit that was discussed so long ago. I think that within the company, the VCSEL-based transceiver is viewed as the closest thing we have as a sure thing in the marketplace.

I was fond of the idea that we had multiple products for multiple verticals all hitting the market near term. This was predicated on having deals "in the bag" merely awaiting a signature following milestones.

But it seems to me that we are still a small company. Managing multiple products would likely require more attention than we could possibly give. We would likely have to give up too much in a partnership to oversee multiple devices going into production at the same time. I truly believe that the plan we have now is the best way forward: Grab a huge chunk of market share by disrupting a vulnerable segment of the semi industry. As we gain prestige and capital, we can then enter more competitive verticals from a position of strength.

This is a realistic plan vetted by experienced management.

New Message
Please login to post a reply