Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I checked in late today, and tried to buzz through the many names the board has suggested. Some definitely sounded attractive enough.

I’ve had experience with naming software. The first step in the process was to check all existing trademarked/registered (Domestic & International) product names against our proposed names.

Sadly, we found that everything (almost) which we thought appropriate (snazzy enough) was taken. In fact, some firm somewhere had registered virtually every name that was really good. So, the name will be a compromise which isn’t ever satisfying to anybody.

The second step was to test our possible names by polling user groups and test individuals, in effect soliciting for good, better, and best relative to their opinion/impression (favorable feelings) on the possible names we selected.

Finally, through this process of pairing down and elimination a final choice was made. In the end, there was a rather emotional decision on which of the last two possible names that we hoped were appropriate for the product.

I do like Poet Power myself.

New Message
Please login to post a reply