Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Mazan,

I wouldn't call this bashing. What he posted is fact and real life experience and what occurs in many M&A deals (there are exceptions of course).

With my many experiences over the years, I too can back up what beenthere has said and the last thing anyone should want is a buyout offer. It is extremely rare that companies come in and buy companies for hundreds or thousands of percent of the current share price. This is, however, more likely with private companies that do not trade on an exchange. POET could surely be an exception of the typical 30-40% rule but even at 200%,300% or even 500% POET would be stolen from us.

Also Chris Chu reaffirmed this in one of his posts as well:

"I am trying to be realistic here and provide a Wall St. perspective to you. If an immediate pre-revenue, pre-prototype bid to acquire the Company were ever to happen. I fathom that the market would not pay more than a 30%-40% premium of POET's 90 day share price average. At that stage a billion dollar valuation would never happen."

Every time i hear someone saying they hope its a buyout, I cringe. We should expect much more than that!

New Message
Please login to post a reply