Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

I have been a PTK shareholder for 4-5 years now, and most of you on this board probably remember me being a regular poster ~1 year ago (was even among hub leaders at one point I believe). Disclosure: have yet to sell 1 share of PTK and have even added from time to time over the years.

Regarding certain previous comments on the share price, for those of you who believe it’s not important, I view this opinion as incorrect. A stronger share price allows for:

i) The potential of cheaper acquisitions (hopefully accretive to the company)

ii) Less dilution via options paid out to management each year

iii) Greater flexibility in terms of future capital raises (if necessary)

In my opinion, part of management’s job is to influence a higher share price whenever possible as this can only help in executing ones long term strategy. While we all know that what's most important is the LT viability of PTK's technology, management should always do whatever it can to benefit the firm in the now as well.

The above being said, IN MY OPINION, calling the THM was a mistake. Why? While those who attended or listened to the call may have gained additional insight/further confirmation of the LT viability of tech, this meeting only hurt shareholders in the ST. Most of what was discussed could have easily been disseminated at this year's annual meeting.

The only reason to call such meetings is usually to provide investors with substantial information not yet known. We were already aware of recent acquisitions (which I believe will prove great for PTK's LT future). Let's think about this for a second. While management provided additional granularity as to where we are in the process, and the fact that there are clients out there, they also told the market that:

i) EBITDA positive is 2-years away (yes we all know this doesn't mean revenues, but why make a statement like this at all in the first place - what stands to be gained. Not to mention the fact that revenues are now expected within the next "12 months" - another knock to what was previously given as guidance)

ii) Acquisition of two companies increases burn rate...by how much wasn't made clear. This means that without giving shareholders a clearer view on revenues we might be faced with further dilution down the line.

iii) Acquisition of two companies caused dilution (albeit small in my opinion).

All of the above is what the market has chosen to place greater importance on, and why shouldn't they. So I ask the question again, what did management intend to achieve in calling this THM. MY HOPE is that there are future catalysts in the very ST. Otherwise, calling this meeting was an error from a financial perspective.

That said, I do STRONGLY believe that management will achieve the LT goals it has set for PTK, and is doing all the right things (safe the above) to move in that direction. BUT, from a finance guy's (i.e. myself) viewpoint, there was ABSOLUTELY no reason to call such a meeting.....UNLESS future ST news is expected.

Just my two cents. I will now go back to being an observer.

Sandman

New Message
Please login to post a reply