Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Perhaps it would be better to say, " I do not understand these slides".

Slide 8 needs a rework, it is more confusing and vague than informative. What's the revenue bubble supposed to represent ?  And the axes provide no information  

Revenue is income.

On this slide it is represented as a circle. The larger the circle the larger the potential revenue.

This slide also has two axes. The vertical is market opportunity (will the people want the product) and the horizontal is return on investment (the money that will come back to the company based on the cost that the company incurred).

We can see from this graph that the market opportunity for InP sensing is greater than for GaAs platform but less than for InP hybrid. Return on investment is lowest for InP sensing, GaAs platform is in the middle of the three but still at the lower end. The potential ROI for InP hyrid is greatest.

Finally, The graph presents the poetential revenue that is available. This is based on the size of the bubble. The larger the bubble, the greater the revenue potential. InP sensing has the lowest revenue potential, GaAs is in the middle, InP hybrid is the largest.

Although related ROI and revenue potential is not the same as one takes into consideration the expenses to produce income while the other does not.

Slide 23 --$275 in revenues represents all products, with InP the biggest segment. 

What's missing entirely are NRE/licensing/potential milestone revs/payments, at this rate of development, I imagine that there are other entities that might want to accelerate development of other verticals now versus 4-5 years hence.

NRE, licencing, etc. are are components of the areas of potential revenue listed. They need not be included. For instance, there will be both NRE income and licencing income from Ethernet Data Centres. There will also be NRE income and licencing income from Mux/Demux/passives. 

Does this help?

New Message
Please login to post a reply