Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Unfortunately due to work commitments I could not attend these investor meetings; but I know and trust one investor who was there who I meet up with yesterday for get a de-brief.

The main points that were brought to my attention are :-

1.0  POET has significantly reduced the burn rate and we should see that confirmed in the next financials. This is good news as the cash runway will be extended.

2.0  There was important discussion regarding finance / liquidity; as would be expected. Tom stressed that the recent PO was essentially a done deal before he was CFO and that this type of financing will not be repeated. There was much talk regarding non-dilutive Partner financing; this is more important / significant than NRE. The company does not want to do any more dilutive financing. Partner financing is the way forward along with getting the SP up so that warrant cash will come in, and that is what investors should be keeping an eye out for; Partners for both the InP and GaAs strategies.

3.0  The InP market represents a huge TAM and is here for the taking now. POET are very excited by this opportunity, starting with the dialectric waveguides that go to market in 2H 2017.

4.0  The POET optical engine for the AOC's is on track for late 2018.

5.0  Suresh will give a more material update at the AGM.

6.0  POET are totally committed to improving communication and marketing to current and new investors and we should all witness a step change improvement on a go-forward basis.

ST

New Message
Please login to post a reply