Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hi everyone,

I had the honor of attending the AGM yesterday.  I was rather surprised at the hit the sp took following the meeting.  (ouch) To my understanding, there was no new news announced that could be held up as a cause and effect responsible for the plunge.  I purposely did not use the term "market response".  Since the volume represents the number of shares transacted, a few shareholders, or even one, could have moved the sp line.  In any case, in my opinion, the information regarding the need for an additional switching terminal on the thyristor didn't seem to change the GaAs time frame - end of 2018  The company has advised us our InP samples/prototypes for testing and validation is imminent.  To my knowledge that hasn't changed either.  So...if all goes well, we are about to enter the 100G market.  One of the beauties of our new transceiver brought to us by Dr Ring with BB Photonics, is that it has fewer parts, therefore faster and simpler assembly and by direct association, fewer things that can go wrong (ie. the "if all goes well" part).  Personally, I like our chances here.  The guidance we have been given is to look for the transceiver coming to market in 2017.   I like that too.  At the meeting, most of the direct conversations I had were with David Lazovsky, our Executive Chairman of the Board.  I believe I detected his genuine confidence in the POET Platform, which to me is the InP Platform since it addresses our current and long term needs.  Will this new InP Platform of ours find acceptance in the marketplace?  I think it will as customers in this market are concerned with costs, performance, and durability.  Our GaAs Platform is farther down the timeline, as our leadership apparently anticipated.  It does take me time to compile my notes and thoughts before presenting to the Forum.  I want to be accurate as possible.  I did have to work extra weekends in advance of the meeting to keep up with my work schedule and will be working extra time moving forward.  I have some very large and challenging projects in progress now and I owe it to my clients and men to execute at the highest level.  It may take a little time for me to respond to questions or challenges, but I will do it.  This board has been invaluable to me for my research/DD into POET.  We're not done here yet.  Not even close.  Thank you to the many who contribute here.  I find it very helpful. Not only that, I have found a lot of very neat people here who I would like to call my friends.           Respectfully submitted,  BT  :)  

New Message
Please login to post a reply