Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hi Everyone,

I should be able to attend the AGM next week.  I have been very busy with my large project and haven’t posted anything for a bit.  My thought is, in addition to the Options vote we will have an update regarding the engineering samples of our Optical Engine (receiving side) at the meeting.                                                                                                                                            January 29, 2018, we received this information from the POET Website:                                        "POET also announced that it has successfully completed development of the Company’s low-loss dielectric waveguide stack and is readying the technology for transfer to manufacturing. As part of its continued technology development, POET has demonstrated a 10x improvement in the optical loss of its waveguide stack as compared to the performance publicly disclosed at the Photonics Integrated Circuit (PIC) conference in March 2017. Optical transmission loss within the dielectric stack has now been measured to be below 0.2dB/cm (Decibels/Centimeter), which renders the stack virtually loss-less for most practical applications. The ability to deposit low-loss and low-stress dielectric waveguides is the first critical step to enabling complex functionality of these waveguides in key applications, such as Arrayed Waveguide gratings (AWGs), Echelle gratings, Laterally Coupled gratings, Multi-mode interference (MMI) Couplers and Splitters, and Pass-through Waveguides. These functional features are integral to enabling the performance of a transceiver optical engine and essential to the performance of the Multiplexer/De-Multiplexer component required in Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) systems.

Consistent with prior expectations, the Company continues to work toward providing engineering samples of the Receive Optical Engine to customers by the middle of 2018. This device will be fabricated leveraging POET’s Optical Interposer Platform.”                  

I hope to hear specific information regarding this.  It might be listed in the last POET Presentation but I would like to hear about the Optical Engine Samples addressed individually.   I believe the Meeting will Podcast. 

Just a note, the project I have been working on, is in the Current issue - Architectural Digest                             “The World’s Best 15 New Hotels”   GLTA  BT

New Message
Please login to post a reply