Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Baba> Correct, Rainer; there is a lot of positive stuff being posted on this board all the time (rightfully and justfiably so).  However, I have always wanted to make sure no one (perhaps a neophyte) is fooled by posts which describe the incredible potential of POET's tech, lest they think it's in the bag.

Suresh:  00:47:04 – It is incumbent on us of course to deliver the capabilities the platform to the promise that we know we can deliver,

It is difficult to not be influenced by the failures of the past regarding the GaAs platform and I am sure that for a person like Suresh it becomes critical to him that when he provides a pubic assessment of the dielectric platform that it is based on the known results that they are seeing.  So Suresh’s statement above for me leaves little doubt that they will be successful but what the overwhelming majority of people fail to recognise is that the steps to commercial production of a new product takes time. This platform is being built using a very mature process at SilTerra on 8 inch wafers which again is part of why Suresh can make the kind of statement above “We know we can deliver”.

Is there room for error? I think there is. For example they are targeting coupling efficiencies well beyond industry standards.

I find it interesting that in the days of old had we been told that they were working with an unnamed customer on extremely high bandwidth CWDM transmitters combining multiple lasers the speculation would have been pretty intense and likely sustained. But really we on this forum have I think much lowered expectations and are more interested in seeing the first products delivered rather than trying to put much effort into understanding the importance of just how much of a breakthrough this platform could be.

So again the quote that began this post:

However, I have always wanted to make sure no one (perhaps a neophyte) is fooled by posts which describe the incredible potential of POET's tech, lest they think it's in the bag.

I actually believe that most of us are being fooled in the exact opposite direction. That level of doubt is being reflected in the share price inappropriately. I have increased my position accordingly.

New Message
Please login to post a reply