Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: A post from off topic that might put some perspective on where we are.

This is a post in response to what Lightwave Logic's commmunication practice is. A letter to  shareholders issued quarterly (good idea).

https://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/off-topic/topics/716901-shareholder-communication/messages/2210258#message

Lumenge, I am not sure how closely you have looked at LWLG and I have not really looked at it in great detail but a shareholder of that company (actually both POET and Lightwave Logic) who has contacted me believes that the direct drive polymer modulator could be a good fit with POET’s optical  interposer platform. I am not so sure but it is very possible as data rates per lane increase.

I assume you have read the letter to shareholders that you posted? And clearly shareholders are voicing an opinion on what they perceive as the slow state of progress. But you will also notice that Michael Lebby is stating that their progress has been exceptional.

We know that our shareholders believe this is a very slow a process, but in my experience at being both an industrial entrepreneur and intrapreneur (an intrapreneur is an entrepreneur inside a big corporation), our progress over the past couple of years is no less than incredible.

I believe him. But I also think that he really does need to keep his shareholders interested because although they have achieved great things in the past 2 years they are a very long way from commercializing a product. First they need to find a platform to build it in. Preferably InP based. This would allow a monolithic integration of the laser and the modulator. Until that happens there is very limited value in my opinion.

So think about how far POET is along in the commercialization effort. There really is very little comparison. Think of it this way. There is a lot of interest in the POET platform by industry because it has the ability to take multiple vender parts and connect them together extremely efficiently at low cost and with high performance.

New Message
Please login to post a reply