Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Should be an interesting week, culminating in some great conversation about how things went and how things look going forward.

I'm not expecting much, so I won't be hard to please.  But I would like an indication that at least one or two customers have said, "okay, the prototype worked great, I want a bunch more!"  To me, that would be great. 

If not that, then some indication as to where we are in terms of qualification - are there big engineering problems to overcome (the 4th Terminal) or relatively minor ones (don't know what to compare that to, we've never had that situation, LOL).  

If we're not qualified yet, I don't think we will get the sense of exactly where we stand from the formal presentation (platitudes will be spoken). I think that will have to be a pre or post meeting discussion, and I hope someone is willing to share some objective reactions/thoughts. The story could come from any of the insiders, but I'd put more store in what Suresh says than anyone else.  The more they are like salesmen, the less weight I attribute to what they say.

One thing - are we likely to close by October 31 with money changing hands; I don't think we'll get anything except, "we're going to push like the dickens to get her done by then."  That is not helpful, but expected - another platitude.

I'm assuming volume will pick up this week, I think some of the faithful here will make a push to top off.  I hope some got into the Debenture, I did not.

I haven't been in Toronto since Kirk Gibson hit that famous homerun in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series (attending a conference, but did manage to see the last few innings). The time before that, Secretariat's last race - Woodbine, on October 28, 1973.  I wish I could have made it to the AGM this year so I could boast of a hat trick of great experiences in the City! 

New Message
Please login to post a reply