Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Sash posted "Mono, the fact that Cisco sells complete products to the "end users" is what makes them a tier 1 company. POET is a component supplier, which makes them a tier2 company, that would supply conponents to the tier1 company (in this scenario, Cisco) who assembles all the components from tier 2's into a complete finish product that is sold to "end users"."

Actually that is what I thought I understood all along, Sash. A few weeks ago there were posts that made me believe otherwise so I thought I was being corrected and went along with that. Thank you for correcting me back to my original understanding. Cisco is definitely a tier 1 company. Poet being a tier 2 company supplying them is/would be fantastic! The comments by SV during the AGM, the fact we have Cisco connections on our board of directors suggests a likelihood of that. I am stumped, however, why the market has yet to put one and two together? I give Poet a lot of credit for keeping their mouth shut as they have to respect their tier 1 client's wishes though. 

Monolithic

New Message
Please login to post a reply