Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

So from what we know POET has been working with a big fish in North America. Indications are from the comments that we have heard from the company that it is the biggest fish and many people have concluded this to be Cisco. If that is the case then there are many smaller fish that will follow.  For example Finisar has been bought by II-VI so I expect they are regarded as one of the biggest module makers and could very well be a company that has great interest in the optical interposer. So I fully expect that some level of discussion has/will take place at OFC between these companies (II-VI is listed as attending). I bring this forward as an example. I think part of Suresh attendance is also to talk to suppliers and see what is new on that front and what North America device manufactures have to offer in POET's mix and match platform.

As we know POET now has the capability for top entry optics.

Mirrors built into the waveguides using POET’s proprietary waveguide material increase the flexibility of the POET Optical Interposer even further, allowing certain industry-standard devices, such as “top-entry” photodetectors to be used instead of the “side-entry” ones designed by POET. The smooth facets of the waveguides reduce optical losses while the light travels into and out of the waveguides, increasing the efficiency of the coupling of active devices on one end and the optical fibers on the other. The ability to increase the size of the light beam using integrated spot-size converters also increases coupling efficiency.

Add multimode de-mux to this  and we have some interesting applicationns that a company like II-VI could be very interested in.

There is much more going on than we know.

New Message
Please login to post a reply