Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hello everyone, these are very difficult times for most of us.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those of us affected physical, economically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc.  I am so sorry.  Our country is shut-down and has been for quite a while, as have many other countries.  I think we should be through with this thing…well I think we might see light at the end of the tunnel.  I have noticed at least in my area, the spirit of helping one another, albeit, at a distance (please, I’ll get back to this later in an Agoracom compliant manner).

I did want to comment on POET and the last transcript released by the Company.  I realize it seems like a long time ago but I have had many things going on, like moving my residence, and no wifi for instance

I know, I know, break out the violins.   A few points stood out for me, and, of course, I believe the release is still highly relevant (even at the risk of repeating some other’s comments).

I appreciate Suresh’s effort to increase our understanding of our optical Interposer, the anchor of our new platform.  Suresh pointed out, three basic things that make POET OI unique 1.  The POET OI is not only that layer of dielectric waveguide material between the optical and electronic layer (or die), included in the structure is the mux and de-mux that are embedded in the waveguides.  “No other company has an embedded demultiplexing device in their OI”.

“They perform in a way that facilitates the placement and alignment active devices like the lasers and photodetectors automatically without having to test each device after placement”.

2.  Every step in the manufacturer of the optical engine is compatible with standard semiconductor construction.   POET is the only company is CMOS compatable.  The others have to place, align, and test one at a time.  The wafer advantage is lost due to this kind of assembly.

3.  Assembly design and features of the OI allow it to be adapted quickly to various devices.  Using minor variations and the same platform to upgraded speed.

POET has a platform that is the unique and in many ways, the best in the market.  Consider Rockley Photonics, they raised 165 million in funding over the past 2 years with a post funding market cap nearly half a billion dollars .   They still don’t have anything that compares of March 2019.

Both Dr. Andrew Rickman, CEO of Rockley Photonics, and Dr. Bill Ring, our Chief Engineer are from Wales, and in the small ecosystem of Photonics, they know each other.  The last time I spoke with Dr. Ring he didn’t seem very impressed with Rockley’s products.

I have had the impression that many existing data centers had/have “legacy systems/components and have resisted upgrading.  I also think many will have to keep up with advancements before market share gets out of reach.  My opinion is, our pivot from GaAs to Silicon, was brilliant and the right thing to do (obviously), and not only that, POET seems to be one of the best technology going.  Our mysterious client, pretty much forced us to get into the 400 G catagory right away.  That might have been the best thing for POET, (in parallell with the 100 G of course).  There certainly are many new data centers coming online.  When the industry finally notices what POEt has, with an adaptable and speed agnostic optical interposer, and they will, the doors will get blown open.  (Kati bar the doors).   

Our SP seems to be on a slow, but steady incline.  From what I hear (even though I love the concept of the Hockey Stick curve), a slow, steady, solid rise is to be desired.  Even in this disastrous market, POET seems to be in a great segment when you consider, the work at home, school remotely, all kinds of adaptations, and I don’t think, when things get back to normal (virus wise), things will be the same.  Lots of remote/internet stuff will remain.  Probably more than was previously projected.

Yep, I added to my position, I don’t know, I think about 1 ½ weeks ago.  Couldn’t do too much, maybe, like 10,000 shares, but hey, I am going to keep going and make a boatload of money when this thing pops.

Please stay safe everyone.  Everything above was, of course, my opinion.  GLTA  BT 

New Message
Please login to post a reply