Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I had postulated that some of the selling was by debenture holders taking profits. That may have been true to  some extent but I have reassessed that thought with the following consideration. The debenture holders by far are a group of long term and loyal shareholders. That was part of the goal to avoid the kind of financing associated with people (R&R) who don’t see the vision or care about the POET story. It would be a big presumtion to say that all  the buyers were in that catagory but.

At least a portion of those buyers of that financing shorted the stock down  and replaced the shorted stock with the PP shares. Pocketing the short proceeds and waited for the opportunity to do it again with the warrants. We will see if the short increases and become covered as before.

Glad the last money came in the form of debentures by people with long term investment goals. We need more news and some serious analyst to get rid of the overhang. I think the company is well aware of the pressure the stock is under and the source so I think that when the .75 warrants were extended to the end of Sept that they expect to release news of greater immediate significance to bring in new buyers. And get those analysts on board.

Below is the published short numbers that occurred during that financing? It’s not news as we all talked about it ad nauseam when it occurred. The entire short was covered within a 2 week time frame.

V : PTK             short position

2016-11-15        20,666          -5,511,814    259,333,852

V : PTK

2016-10-31        5,532,480     5,507,249     259,333,852

The rational in an NR on Nov 2.

Following today's close of our public offering, which generated aggregate gross proceeds of $12,528,000, I would like to address the concerns expressed by several of our shareholders and expand further on the company's rationale for raising additional capital at this time. Let me emphasize that the decision to raise capital was made following careful evaluation and consideration by Poet's executive management team and the board. Our increased manufacturing capability in Singapore fundamentally changes the company's capital investment priorities. We therefore collectively determined that the offering was essential to make critical investments in multiple areas of the business.

New Message
Please login to post a reply