Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The Super Photonics JV will be the exclusive supplier of 100G and 200G OE’s worldwide and exclusive 400G supplier for China.

And as we have learned 400G manufacturing can be set up in the US to meet customer restrictions. What about 800G and beyond?    

POET may sell 400G Optical Engines outside of the China Territory. For such sales, POET shall exclusively procure the 400G Optical Engines from the Company at an agreed price. In case a customer for 400G Optical Engines located outside of the China Territory rejects procurement of 400G Optical Engines manufactured in the PRC the Parties shall discuss in good faith the most suitable solution for supplying such customer, including the incorporation of a manufacturing subsidiary of the Company outside of the PRC, supply by POET or a third party manufacturer.

For the term of this Contract, the Company shall procure from SAIC as the Company's preferred supplier Lasers, PDs and MPDs (each one "Component") on an agreed price, provided that (i) SAIC maintains adequate supply streams of the respective Component for the Company, and (ii) the Company’s customers do not require that the Company source the respective Component from other sources. Any sourcing of a Component, other than from SAIC, shall be subject to unanimous approval by the Board. Both Parties shall ensure that such approval of such sourcing other than from SAIC by each director appointed by such Party is not unreasonably withheld or delayed.

Industry is working toward higher modulation rates with more complex modulation schemes to enable 800G. I think POET will be working with companies who are already on that path.

For the term of this Contract, the Company shall procure from SAIC as the Company's preferred supplier Lasers, PDs and MPDs (each one "Component") on an agreed price, provided that (i) SAIC maintains adequate supply streams of the respective Component for the Company, and (ii) the Company’s customers do not require that the Company source the respective Component from other sources. Any sourcing of a Component, other than from SAIC, shall be subject to unanimous approval by the Board. Both Parties shall ensure that such approval of such sourcing other than from SAIC by each director appointed by such Party is not unreasonably withheld or delayed.

Beyond the pluggable:

There have been conversations around the supply needs for lasers, detectors etc once on board optics are needed to interconnect memory and logic for higher level applications. I expect that POET will continue to be supplied by SAIC to the extent  possible to meet those needs.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply