Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

FJ:  “Facebook reported of the high incidence of laser failure.  I identified the high power requirements of the laser in existing systems to overcome losses as a major source of early failure. The Facebook presenter referenced the problem as DOA (Dead on Arrival)”.

The complexity implied in overcoming early laser failure (the DOA question) made me break out into cold sweat.  Is Poet able to satisfy this requirement?  In the end, only our clients can answer this question.

FJ:  “The result is a dramatic reduction in manufacturing costs, lower power consumption and often smaller form factors compared with other approaches”.

In any given production run how many Poet wafers will test good?  Will any defective wafers slip through quality control?  Truly, how good are our quality control measures?  All this is completely above my pay grade.

Moreover, the answer to these above questions which are typical of current complexity in photonic manufacturing could never be explained in depth to the average investor, the person who is holding shares or trading the immediate up-an-down of share price.  S/he doesn’t care beans to hear the lecture of any CFO or CEO on a subject matter demanding prerequisite knowledge or serious study of these tech issues at hand.

The battle ground for Joe investor (that’s me) is the balance sheet, orders booked, and cash flow-- little else excites.

TMI

New Message
Please login to post a reply