Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hello to all on this board.

I am a long term POET investor from the UK and have been reading all your helpful, informative posts for many years. Thank you to you all.

First post for me and I am quite techie but not to the level of some if you. I see POETs OI extremely important in the future of AI and data centres. I get what it is capable off, in so many ways. So to be invested in this is so exciting. Probably my most exciting one.

One part of last document linked to in this post really caught my eye.

"Applying those findings, Nvidia researchers added a storage layer that shifted 60 percent of energy consumption to “payload” computations. “We are now achieving 100 tera-ops per watt for inference,” Dally claimed, adding the techniques will be incorporated into future versions of Nvidia’s deep learning accelerators.

Meanwhile, its Mellanox unit is expected to double the bandwidth of its NVLink and NVSwitch GPU interconnects. “Beyond that, the waters are very murky,” the Nvidia research chief acknowledged.

Working with researchers at Columbia University, the graphics vendor is exploring core telecommunication network technologies like dense wavelength division multiplexing. DWDM is a fiber-optic transmission technique that funnels different wavelength signals into a single fiber.

Nvidia predicts a photonic interconnect could help break networking bottlenecks by transmitting multiple terabits per second into links that fit on the side of a chip, providing a 10-fold density increase over current interconnects."

If this has been highlighted before.. my apologies! Its a good reason for me to and say hi at last.

It's been a long bumpy road to where we are now, All the ducks are now lined up, the OI will make a step change which we will be privileged to see and be part off financially.

We all want this to happen now I know, We've waited a long time, but it's happening so strap yourselves in and think BIG, actually Humongous!! This is our year... be patient.. it is coming so enjoy it! 

IMHO of course. Always do your own DD.

Trebor69

New Message
Please login to post a reply