Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I've followed and owned POET for many years but don't really get into forums and posting messages other than reading posts for knowledge. This will most likely be my only post. I know how enthusiastic many of you are so I figured I'd spend a moment this evening to post a short story while I sip the last of my Michters 25 Rye. I will miss it dearly...

Long story short my last semester in college I came back to California after studying in China and decided to spend my last semester in a dorm. I requested an international roommate and ended up with a chinese roommate. I became close with Cheng and his friends and enjoy our friendship until this day. The company he works for is a massive company that I believe most here would recognize. I don't think it's appropriate to name the company, sorry if that upsets you.

A couple months ago I sent him the Singular in its Genius video because photonics is definitely an interest of the company he works with. I've made minor mentions of POET in emails but he's never really responded with any insight. Well, apparently his company is one of the, "...so big, and so famous" companies that has approached Dr. Mo. 

Let's just say he called me and was very excited I sent him the video and was apologetic for not looking into POET earlier and understanding why I was so excited. I explained it seems like almost no one understands or possibly doesn't believe what POET has created. He laughed and said, "Michael, well we do now in China!" He said he took great joy in sharing with his colleagues his friend in America has known about POET for years. I'm not going to go into details but let's just say he implied the excitement over the POET OI platform is extraordinary. Take it how you want, I'm not suggesting anything of it. Having said that I personally feel as shareholders we are very close to something special. 

Enjoy the ride and please try to stay respectful. I've greatly enjoyed this forum but often walk away when things turn into personal attacks. 

Michael 

New Message
Please login to post a reply