Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Taken from CelestialAI Sept 15 post

The Meaning of a ‘Design Win’

So what, exactly, does the Federal Circuit consider a design win? According to the court, a design win occurs when a designer’s custom chip is purchased and enters mass production. Generally a design win results in exclusive use of the customized chip for a certain period. To secure a design win, the design is tailored to the customer’s product. This typically encompasses a lengthy sales cycle involving extensive joint work over several years, which may include designing, simulating, testing, evaluating and qualifying the chips, and likely providing samples. 

The question now has to be asked.......will the competition let this Tier 1 supplier gradually take the whole market (700 million) because of their new disruptive pricing and performance model? Not if I was CEO of a competitor, I would be calling Vivek and saying "can I have what their having too please!"

SP

New Message
Please login to post a reply