Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I'm appalled at the many negative comments today. The stock goes down and the complainers are front and center.  This same scenario has played out soooo many times in the past, it's like expecting a putt to break right, when it's broken left 25 times in a row.  The expectations are set right here on this board, and they are consistently unmet.

Someone mentioned how the stock started to slide as Suresh finished his comments - surely those who sold figured if something great were coming, Suresh would have announced it and not left if for later.  I can follow that logic; the problem is upstream, that is, thinking there would be a big, new announcement during the call.  With no NR this morning, the chance of that happening was pretty much zero!  And many here can follow that logic, but apparently not all.

That jump on Monday may have been a big player getting in, or it may have been a Reddit reaction from the post one of us made there.  Whatever the reason for the huge jump, I felt at the time we'd be lucky to maintain even a part of that gain by end of trading tomorrow.  That's just the way it's rolled with Poet for a decade. We'll see. 

And these comments complaining that no revenue estimates were given, while pointing out that Mika gave an opinion of what the market cap should be - those are two totally different animals.  I think the market cap should be at least a billion based on potential alone (as emphatically laid out by Suresh this morning). Revenues?  Haven't a clue what they may be the rest of the year or for 2023, and even management would be guessing, and a few here have pointed out why revenue estimation would be unwise.

Could Tom have been smoother today, sure.  But so long as Suresh and Vivek are handling matters of technological substance, Tom's performance does not bother me.

I'll throw in with the critics on one point - now that financials are out, it would be a wonderful thing to see the brass purchase a meaningful amount of shares.  That would dovetail so well with what was stated by Suresh and Vivek today.

New Message
Please login to post a reply