Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dear Fellow Shareholders:

There appears to be a coordinated effort by some to contact Peter Charbonneau and Suresh Venkatesan with complaints about our share price, several of which include suggestions about my continued employment with POET.  I have a few points to make:

1.  As management, we are also concerned about our share price, so we continue to invest in an aggressive investor relations program that covers sell-side analysts, press releases, non-deal road shows with both banks and pay-for-play organizers, meetings with potential investors, published papers, published interviews in the trade press and presentations at industry conferences, such as PIC International, VLSI, ECOC and CIOE, as well as our own in-house conducted interviews.  Such activities are taking up a higher proportion of management's time than they have ever done.

2.  Suresh, Vivek and team are working diligently to get samples into customers' hands and we have reported on our sampling activities recently in the form of press announcements, some ahead of schedule on our product roadmap. We will continue to make announcements as we make progress with sampling, with customers and with other business partners.

3.  Our board is active in governance activities, including the appointment of two new advisors who are well-known in our industry and who will be nominated for the board at our AGM in October.

The fact is that our stock is trading in an extremely volatile market that hasn't yet settled down.  I strongly believe that the macro factors are overwhelming the positive news that we have put out.  I don't know, and no one truly knows, how long this period of volatility will persist.  Despite shareholder comments to the contrary, we do not control the share price, the market does.

Finally, as Executive Vice President and CFO, I have a range of responsibilities outside of Investor Relations.  I have delegated much of the responsibility for managing IR to the Shelton Group and to Adrian Brijbassi.  Every press release that we publish goes to a Disclosure Committee that includes Peter Charbonneau, Suresh Venkatesan, our external advisors and others.  Although the company has appointed me the principal spokesperson, my responses to shareholders and our public statements have all been vetted and approved by our management team. 

Thank you for your continued interest in and support of POET Technologies.

Regards,

Tom

New Message
Please login to post a reply